Most Recent – 10/09/19 Amended FUT result
29/08/19 FUT results and BB added
04/08/19 Gien results added
28/06/19 Roye and Brighton results added
28/05/19 Reminder of rules:
Vaccination against Paramyxovirus should be carried out to EEC Regulations. All pigeons that are used for racing, showing or training must be vaccinated. A DEFRA approved vaccine must be used in accordance with vaccine manufacturer’s instructions. Pigeons must be vaccinated at least 28 days before racing, showing or training for immunity to take effect. Vaccination must be witnessed by a Club or Federation Official or a Veterinary Surgeon who will sign the Vaccination Certificate on the front of the Vaccination Sheet. They must also sign the Vaccination Sheet after the last pigeon recorded on the Vaccination Sheet.
- The original copy of the Vaccination Certificate should be retained by the Club and a certified true copy lodged with the members Federation and any other Clubs they are members of. These Vaccination Certificates should be held for two years.
- All Old birds intended for racing, showing or training must be vaccinated by the 1st
- All Young birds intended for racing, showing or training must be vaccinated by 1st
- Any birds vaccinated after these dates must be recorded on a separate Vaccination Sheet and cannot be raced, showed or trained for 28 days.
- It is recommended that all pigeons be vaccinated against Paramyxovirus and that only Licensed vaccines be used: Colombovac Pmv Nobilis Paramyxo P201 Colombovac Pmv/Pox
08/05/19 Centenary Race Details
01/05/19 Aquarius Communications have withdrawn the lib line service.
12/04/19 – 2 messages
1) LIB LINE SERVICE CURRENTLY DOWN
See 01/05/19 note above. Organisations who use Lib Line services should seek alternative means to record liberation information until further notice.
2) Please note as from the 1st March 2019 East Coast Software have ceased trading and no more updates will be available for their software. Mysoft http://www.mysoft.co.uk are currently working with them and any enquiries regarding their software should be directed to email@example.com who can advise on any issues and steps to be taken to ensure users can continue to get results out to their members”
The annual maintenance shutdown of the MSF service to allow safe working on the masts and antennas will take place between 7 – 23 May 2019.
The service will be off-air from:
08:00 to 18:00 BST each day, including weekends.
If the weather is unsuitable for work to be carried out, then the service will not be turned off. If the work is completed sooner than 18:00 BST on any day, the service will be restored as soon as possible.
The MSF radio signal is a dedicated time broadcast that provides an accurate and reliable source of UK civil time, based on the NPL time scale UTC(NPL).
25/03/19 Secretary’s Report 23rd March 2019
22/03/19 All Federation Secretaries:
Please forward your Federations ring requirements for 2020 to the NEHU Office at your earliest convenience, preferably no later than 5th April 2019. If you do not notify the NEHU Office by this date then we will have no alternative other than to order the same number of rings that your Federation ordered in 2019.
This information is very important to ensure the NEHU Office is not left with rings at the end of the year as this is at a cost to NEHU members, your co-operation would greatly be appreciated.
28/02/19 Reminder of rules:
58. All Clubs and Federations wishing to run Breeder Buyer / Ring Schemes must apply for a licence from the union office and must produce a copy of the rules. These competitions can only be run by NEHU affiliated organisations and the organiser must be a member of that organisation. In the case of Breeder Buyer competitions these rules must be presented to and read out to competitors prior to the first bird being sold.
2019 FUTURITY RACE
DATE: MONDAY 26TH AUGUST 2019
RACE POINT: REED
6 BANDS: GUARANTEED £1100 PRIZE MONEY
BAND A: BORDER, WANSBECK, COQUETDALE, NORTHUMBERLAND PREMIER, TYNEMOUTH NORTH, NEWCASTLE WEST, NEW NORTH AMAL.
BAND B: MID-TYNE, NORTH EAST COUNTIES, SOUTH SHIELDS, SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND PREMIER.
BAND C: GATESHEAD, HOUGHTON, HETTON, SHOTTON & TRIMDON, FERRYHILL & DISTRICT, TEESSIDE, TEES VALLEY.
BAND D: WEST DURHAM AMALGAMATION, DURHAM COMBINE.
BAND E: NORTH YORKS, EAST CLEVELAND.
BAND F: SOUTH EAST DURHAM, HARTLEPOOL, MIDDLESBROUGH & DISTRICT.
BREEDER BUYER SALES
Only 250 rings available 1st come/1st served basis
Rings £5 each, birds MUST in Breeder Buyer Sales to be activated.
Note: Other FUT rung young birds can be entered into B/B sale.
Young birds entered into Breeder/Buyer Sales must be vaccinated and comply with latest
DEFRA & Vaccine Manufacturers Regulations
Thursday MARCH 7th 2019 GUISBOROUGH
Wednesday MARCH 13TH 2019 PLAINS FARM
Thursday MARCH 21st 2019 HORDEN
Wednesday MARCH 27TH 2019 NEWSHAM
RING ORDERS BEING TAKEN: £10 PER RING, MAXIMUM 20 PER LOFT.
NOTE: 2018 £16257 PAID OUT IN MAIN RACE, £5748 PAID OUT IN BREEDER BUYER.
After a meeting between the NEHU Office and AHPO your attention is brought to the following:
Any Clubs/Feds organising shows are reminded DEFRA should be advised that they are holding a gathering and the conditions of the general license must be complied with as to bio security etc. by the organisers and all entrants.
Each competitor must also fill in a copy of the health declaration filled in each week of the young bird season to confirm the pigeons entered are healthy and the loft is free of disease.
NEHU members are reminded that life rings from Unions outside the British Isles must be registered at the North of England Homing Union office.
The original ring card and EEC Health Certificate must be sent to the NEHU Office along with the request for registration along with a stamped addressed envelope.
Please be aware “foreign” rings purchased from the internet etc. will not be accepted for registration.
24/01/2018: a few notes-
1) Loft alterations/extensions – members extending lofts/adding aviaries to the front will require to be re-measured at their own cost.
All loft locations within the NEHU are calculated with hand held GPS to the agreed formula and extending a loft/adding an additional loft affects the loft location which then impacts upon distances.
2) Use of prohibited substances
Ignorance is no defence. All members are reminded to check with the supplier of any product they administer it is doping free.
Members are advised that two elected officials must witness vaccination and sign the certificate submitted to each Club/Fed etc.
4) All puncture clocks were withdrawn from use at the January General Council of the NEHU, don’t waste time and effort 3 way testing obsolete clocks!
5) Subscriptions are £12 per partner for 2018 season. This is an increase of £1 on 2017 to cover the decreased income from subscriptions and ring sales due to loss of members.
11/1/2018. Could all club secretaries please check their rings on delivery as we have had some reports of the year being 2017 instead of 2018. Please contact the NEHU office for replacements.
14/12/2017: Save the pigeon sport from bird flu
PLEASE NOTE – The liberation within an 8 mile radius of the following aerodromes is FORBIDDEN:
Belfast (International and City)
Doncaster Sheffield (Robin Hood)
Durham Tees Valley
Liverpool (John Lennon)
20/07/2016 – Stray Centre details:
UNC Stray Centre – Graham Campbell
Sappers Corner Garage
WDA Stray Centre – Denise Walton
c/o 26 Newton Cap Bank